In today’s world of hybrid work, disaster recovery plans demand powerful management of remote, “off-network” endpoints.
IGEL helps companies to quickly recover whenever productive work comes to a halt due to any form of disasters such as a hurricane or cyberattack.
- In recent years the headlines of ransomware attacks wreaking havoc on critical infrastructure, governments, and businesses have unfortunately surged, with healthcare providers being a prime target.
- The frequency and sophistication of attack vectors like malware, phishing, and the scale of ransom amounts have been unprecedented, with no sign of abating.
- Cyberattacks can render essential services and processes at a standstill, resulting in financial loss, multi-million dollar ransoms, and the potential loss of critical or sensitive data.
- A comprehensive disaster recovery plan is critical to ensure business continuity when your organization has been impacted.
IGEL is helping IT administrators regain control of affected devices by providing employees with secure and managed access to company apps, data and desktops from any device, from anywhere, to restore productivity amidst a security episode - even from endpoints directly struck down by a cyber attack.
Devices infected with malware can boot IGEL OS from USB with IGEL UD Pocket. As IGEL OS is read-only and tamper-proof, the firmware files are encrypted and reside in a separate partition; hence are inaccessible by existing malware. IGEL OS features a “chain of trust” sequence of cryptographic signature verifications starting with UEFI secure boot and extending all the way to the VDI host or cloud.
This is verified with each bootup process to ensure the IGEL firmware and software in the startup sequence have not been tampered with.
The IGEL UD Pocket, a small USB stick, enables an employee to temporarily turn their device of choice into a secure, managed workspace.
- Simply insert the IGEL UD Pocket into a USB-A or a USB-C port and boot from USB to IGEL OS to access your organization’s Citrix, VMware, Microsoft AVD, or cloud environment.
- The UD Pocket can boot IGEL OS on any x86-64 device.
Regain control of remote devices and digital workspaces, even infected endpoints
In today's world of hybrid work, disaster recovery plans demand powerful management of remote, “off-network” endpoints. The IT Administrator can deploy and control the IGEL OS devices from a single console with the IGEL Universal Management Suite (UMS). The IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG) feature extends the management console reach by creating a secure, encrypted connection to each remote user device without VPNs.
IGEL OS is a secure, read-only operating system, providing the employee an alternative to the infected OS they had been using. The UD Pocket runs the IGEL OS operating system directly from the USB device so that the local, contaminated operating system, hard disk, and contents are not accessed or used. This complete separation of the local operating system and the IGEL OS makes the UD Pocket a powerful tool to restore productivity amidst a security episode. Once the episode has been resolved, the UD Pocket can be unplugged, and the device reverts to the original operating system
“IGEL is also assisting us from an ongoing business resilience perspective. IGEL’s UD Pocket is a simple solution – which comes on a thumb-size USB drive – to get around the security issues of using shared equipment. In the event of an outage, we provide colleagues with a UD Pocket each, which they insert into a PC, IGEL OS boots up directly, with a network connection then established to our datacenter so that Citrix can be accessed.”
Kevin McVitieTechnician, IT Service OperationsPhoenix Group
Title: Disaster Recovery - Rapidly Regain Control
Has COMPANY reviewed IGEL as part of your disaster recovery strategy? In today’s world of hybrid work, disaster recovery plans demand powerful management of remote, “off-network” endpoints. We have been working with customers, using IGEL to quickly recover from any disaster such as hurricanes or cyberattacks.
- You can gain control of infected devices, even if they are off-network.
- Quickly and securely connect to your cloud workplace.
Can we carve out an hour to see if it would fit into your plans?