- Modern provisioning
- Reduce touchpoints
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Improve end-user onboarding
- DELL take out
- 10,000 seats
- IGEL Preloaded
- M70q Gen 3 IGEL Thin Client
- IDG | RFP and 5 years contract
- ISG | RFP nd Shared Services
Lenovo solutions are in the datacenter as well, including:
- ISG Flex System
- TruScale USPs
TWO MINUTE VIDEO
- Dell WTOS was not functioning well for the bank, which was caused by the inability to provide up-to-date infrastructure agents, lack of offloading support, and other issues. This led to significant performance problems for the banks employees.
- Dell told The Bank to buy new hardware to address these issues, even though they had just bought hardware recently.
- The Bank could not immediately replace its existing hardware with the Pandemic continuing.
- Dissatisfied with Dell, The Bank reached out to IGEL and Lenovo for a solution.
- The Bank worked with IGEL and Lenovo to create a collaboration of hardware and software for their Citrix deployment. The Bank initially purchased 10,000 seats of IGEL OS under an Enterprise License Agreement (ELA).
- IGEL was able to re-provision some of the existing Dell devices with IGEL OS using SCCM.
- IGEL worked with Lenovo to provide a custom SKU that The Bank could order with IGEL pre-loaded, enabling broader worldwide ease of deployment. IGEL and Lenovo used IGEL UMS to help The Bank manage devices effectively worldwide.
- The Lenovo/IGEL solution provides specialized features such as screen blur for Teams, Zoom, and Webex, which were not available with Dell WTOS.
- IGEL offers a wide range of integrated third- party vendor partners within its operating system, ensuring optimal performance for The bank for various applications such as displays, security compliance, and analytics. This integration allows The bank to access a wide range of peripherals and other tools to improve its overall performance.