- Modern provisioning
- Hardened security
- Improved Clinician experience
- DELL take out
- 18,000-seat software deal
- Account stickiness with solution positioning
QUICK 3.5-MINUTE OVERVIEW
- COMPATABILITY - Dell had serious compatibility issues, especially with a critical solution with Dragon Mic. This was an issue that was problematic for over a year.
- SECURITY - The previous mix of operating systems required generic logins as a workaround to enable productivity workflows.
- COST - Microsoft was looking to charge them millions of dollars for Data Loss Protection
- The Healthcare Provider worked with IGEL and Lenovo to create an offering to replace Windows with a purpose-built solution. The customer initially purchased 18,000 seats of IGEL OS.
- IGEL was able to re-provision some of the existing Dell devices with IGEL OS using SCCM.
- IGEL worked with Lenovo to provide a custom SKU that the hospital could order with IGEL pre-loaded, enabling broader deployment. IGEL and Lenovo used IGEL UMS to help multiple sites effectively.
- The Lenovo/IGEL solution provides key benefits, including:
- Faster login times at the point of care
- Better user experience for roaming clinicians
- Tighter control over sensitive patient data
- Minimized exposure to malware and other endpoint security risks
- IGEL offers a wide range of integrated third-party integrations critical to healthcare professionals to improve the user experience for the end user and the administrator.