As IGEL is designed for the cloud, security, and data compliance are built right in. Enterprise-class management can support the ecosystem of solutions required to keep your users productive, securely, and without needing a VPN, regardless of where they are.
Simple and Secure access to cloud workspaces
- IGEL OS enables easy, secure access to the latest versions of Citrix Workspace, VMware Horizon Client, Microsoft AVD, and Amazon Workspaces, to name just a few.
- IGEL OS is secure by design. It is modular and includes a secure read-only file system. Enhanced security includes IGEL’s complete “chain of trust,” which verifies all boot-up processes from the user hardware/UEFI to the destination VDI host or cloud and applies to both on-network and remote users working with unified communications tools.
Support for Unified Communications
- IGEL OS is ideal for unified communications, and the IGEL UMS is the perfect complementary platform for managing and controlling devices where call center agents may be looking to collaborate from anywhere.
- IGEL OS supports more unified communications software than any other virtual desktop or cloud workspaces OS provider. In addition to Zoom, Teams, Cisco WebEx Meeting & Teams, Jabra, and Avaya are also supported.
- IGEL OS offers outstanding multimedia performance and supports multimedia offloading to optimize the end-to-end user experience in audio-video or audio-only calls between users or other standards-based desktop video and conference room systems.
- A vast selection of headsets from three of the most prominent vendors for unified communication hardware: Poly, EPOS & Jabra.
- Most IGEL OS-supported headsets can be customized by IGEL’s management software, the Universal Management Suite (UMS). The UMS can update headset firmware when available.
Simon Barlow, Group CTO, AXA, says, "The use of Microsoft Teams on our IGEL OS-powered devices accessing Azure Virtual Desktop has been a powerful advantage for enabling our remote workforce. Microsoft and IGEL together offer a user experience that keeps our remote employees not only connected to the data and applications they need but also collaborative, engaged, and secure. Their partnership and co-development work has resulted in an immersive, productive solution for our hybrid workforce."
Pavel Yailo, Infrastructure Architect, Coca-Cola Beverages Florida says, "IGEL has made it easy for us to take advantage of the powerful collaboration and video conferencing capabilities of Microsoft Teams on Azure Virtual Desktop. Using IGEL OS, in conjunction with robust workstation monitoring, management and security programs, helps ensure that our user devices are secure and protected from ransomware intrusion – no matter where users are working – without giving up important user productivity and collaboration. It's a valuable enabler for our remote workforce.”
"IGEL is a valued Microsoft technology partner and has worked with the Microsoft engineering team shoulder to shoulder to create an optimized Microsoft Teams experience for Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop and Windows 365 with the Linux-powered IGEL OS," said Kam VedBrat, Director, Azure Virtual Desktop, Microsoft. "Together, we are able to provide our mutual customers with robust collaboration experiences, smooth video, dynamic screen-sharing, and advanced Teams capabilities, delivered with the ease of management and security that are hallmarks of the IGEL operating system."
Focused on providing a total solution, Lenovo has rounded out its offering by partnering with leaders in this space, such as IGEL, the very best OS for endpoints connecting to the Cloud. As IGEL is designed for the Cloud, security and data compliance are built right in. Enterprise-class management can support the ecosystem of solutions required to keep your users productive, regardless of where they are, securely without needing a VPN.
Unified Communications is an integral part of this ecosystem; For many organizations, it is the primary means of collaboration. However, due to the heavy resource requirements needed to support these applications, virtual desktops from a private or public cloud have been problematic—both from a user experience or economic point of view.
IGEL has become the only non-windows OS to be certified and supported by Microsoft to deliver an Optimized TEAMS experience from AVD and CloudPC. This means that regardless of whether you use TEAMS, Zoom, or WebEx provided by Microsoft, Citrix, or VMware, we can utilize the abundant resource from the Lenovo Cloud Client and not from the Cloud. This has significant benefits:
- USER EXPERIENCE - By offloading the resource utilization and video and audio rendering to the endpoints, user experience goes way up.
- DENSITY - As the CPU/RAM load at the virtual desktop or session host is reduced, it increases the density of desktop images.
- COST - Higher density on multi-user instances requires fewer instances running, directly leading to lower workloads costs.
Let’s set a time to talk about your Cloud Connected strategy and how Lenovo and IGEL can help you accomplish your goals.